|Activity||Nroth Berwick was probably incorporated as a royal burgh under a charter of Robert III (1390-1406) which was confirmed by James VI in 1568.|
In the 19th century it was governed by a provost, a baillie, a treasurer, 6 councillors, a town clerk, and 2 procurators fiscal.
Situated in East Lothain on the coast of the Firth of Forth. National Grid Reference NT5584
A town, until 1975 in the county of East Lothian and a royal burgh until 1975. A police burgh from1860. A small burgh from 1930 until 1975.
From 1707 until 1885 it united with Haddington, Dunbar, Jedburgh and Lauder to return one MP to the British parliament. In 1885 its vote merged with that of the county.
North Berwick is now part of East Lothian Council.