|Activity||The North-East of Scotland Federation of Townswomen’s Guilds was formed in 1932 and originally encompassed the northern Highlands and Islands of Scotland with Guilds in towns and villages from Angus to Shetland. In 1937 it was agreed at the Annual General Meeting that the Federation be split into two groups: the North of Scotland Federation and the North-East of Scotland Federation. The latter group oversaw ten Guilds in Banff, Fraserburgh, Inverbervie, Laurencekirk, Macduff, Montrose, Peterhead, Stonehaven, Thurso and Turriff. This number was increased in 1952 to seventeen Guilds. The stated aims of the Federation were: ‘To advance the education of women irrespective of race, creed and party so as to enable them to make the best contribution towards the common good. To educate such women in the principles of good education. To provide or assist in the provision of facilities for recreation or other leisure time occupation for such women in the interests of social welfare and with a view to improving their conditions of life.'|
Aberdeen South Townswomen’s Guild forms a branch of the North-East of Scotland Federation and was formed on 20 June 1947. Since this date it has met in various locations in the city including Ashley Road Primary School and Broomhill Road School, YMCA Union Street and the Pre-Nursing College Hall in Albyn Place.