|Activity||The towns of Denny and Dunipace are connected by a bridge over the river Carron in Stirlingshire. In 1833 Denny was part of the Lordship and Barony of Herbertshire and Temple Denny in the Parish of Denny. About then the superior, the Flemings of Cumbernauld, appointed a baron bailie whose role was to hear complaints concerning unpaid bills, and give judgements and enforce payments. In 1877, the inhabitants of the two villages jointly approved some of the provisions of the General Police and Improvement (Scotland) Act 1862 (25 & 26 Vict., c.101). (The remainder were adopted in 1888.) Burgh administration was carried out by police commissioners who were responsible for the cleansing, lighting, policing and public health of the burgh. Under the Town Councils (Scotland) Act 1900 (63 & 64 Vict., c.49) the police commissioners were replaced by Denny and Dunipace Town Council in January 1901. In 1892 they acquired a town seal and the Coat of Arms was matriculated in 1956. The chief industries of the town were coal and ironstone mining, paper-making and ironworks. The population was 4,081 in 1881, and by 1953 the population had increased to nearly 7,000 and 500 houses were built in 1960 to house the overspill from Glasgow. The population was 9,841 in 1971.|
Denny and Dunipace Town Council was abolished in 1975 under the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1973 (c.65). Its powers were assumed by Central Regional Council and Falkirk District Council. These in turn were replaced by the unitary authority Falkirk Council in 1996 under the Local Government etc. (Scotland) Act 1994 (c.39).