|Activity||The Kelso Chronicle was established in March 1832 and ran under that title until November 1949, when it merged with the Kelso Border Mail and Gazette for Roxburgh, Selkirk, Berwick and Northumberland to form the Border Counties and Kelso Chronicle and Mail. This title ran until 29 March 1957and subsequently continued as the Border Counties Chronicle and Mail until 7 February 1964, when it merged with the Jedburgh Gazette to form the Kelso Chronicle and Jedburgh Gazette, which still runs today. An earlier newspaper called the Kelso Chronicle had appeared on 7 March 1783 and had run until 1784. It was continued as the British Chronicle or Union Gazette, which ran from 1784 until 1801.|
The Kelso Border Mail and Gazette for Roxburgh, Selkirk, Berwick and Northumberland had its origins in the Kelso Mail, first published 13 April 1797. George Jerdan was the editor of the Kelso Mail in 1833 and William Jerdan was the editor, 1863-1874. The Kelso Mail became the Border Mail and Gazette on 12 April 1934 and continued under that name until May 1945, when the title was lengthened to reinstate the town's name and to give specific mention to Roxburgh and its neighbouring counties.