|Administrative History||University of Aberdeen Air Squadron was formed in January 1941 at Marischal College and operated until 1981. The Squadron flew first Tiger Moth, then Chipmunk and later Bulldog aircraft from Dyce. In 1981 the Squadron merged with St Andrews squadron and moved to Leuchars. The new squadron was called Aberdeen, Dundee and St. Andrew's Universities Air Squadron but in 2003 that was changed again to the East of Scotland Universities Air Squadron (ESUAS).|
The former members association was founded in 1966 and is still active.
For more information see 'A Short History of the Aberdeen University Air Squadron 1940 - 1973' by Lieutenant Colonel W.M. McNeill and updated history by Rob Christie (see catalogue section 6).