|Administrative History||The Royal Horticultural Society of Aberdeen was instituted in 1824, and incorporated the North of Scotland Horticultural Association in 1921. It was affiliated to the Royal Horticultural Society, London, in 1923. The Society was established to encourage all those interested in horticulture, to improve horticultural knowledge in the North East, and to organise and stage flower shows. By 1962, when the constitution was rewritten, there were twenty-one directors, appointed every three years.|
|Description||Collection of papers relating to the Royal Horticultural Society in Aberdeen, the details of which are as follows: |
Account book, 1886 - 1912; Minute books, 1841 - 1961; Minutes, 1961 - 1973; Miscellaneous papers, 1960s; AGM minutes and related papers, 1966 - 1972; Accounts, 1938 - 1954, 1972 - 1982; Correspondence (including material relating to 150th Flower Show, 1974), 1965 - 1982; Certificate of affiliation to Royal Horticultural Society of Britain, 1923; Tape cassette of North Sound broadcast about Aberdeen Flower Show, 1980s; Printed programmes for Aberdeen Flower Show, 1905, 1963 - 1982, with gaps; Deeds relating to feu duties and property rights in Great Western Road, 1877 - 1924.
|Copyright||Subject to the condition of the original, copies may be supplied for private research use only on receipt of a signed undertaking to comply with current copyright legislation. Permission to make any published use of material from the collection must be sought in advance from the University Archivist and, where appropriate, from the copyright owner. Where possible, assistance will be given in identifying copyright owners, but responsibility for ensuring copyright clearance rests with the user of the material.|