|Administrative History||The University celebrated its Quatercentenary 1906. The occasion coincided with completion of new buildings at Marischal College and was marked by a joint celebration in September that year. His Majesty King Edward inaugurated the new buildings on 27 September 1906. Aberdeen's main thoroughfare, Union Street was lavishly decorated for the royal visit.|
As one of the University's senior staff members and on account of the Anatomy Department's physical location in Marischal College, Low would have been expected to attend most of the principal events organised for the celebrations.