|Administrative History||Treasured Places - HLF funded|
Craigievar Castle rises up to seven storeys in height and is distinguished by its elaborate upper storeys, which feature a continuous band of corbelling with conical-roofed turrets.
In 1610 the Mortimer family began the construction of Craigievar Castle. The building was incomplete when purchased in about 1625 by William Forbes, a merchant who had made his fortune trading in the Baltic. RCAHMS