Administrative History | Bishop John Skinner, was clergyman at Longside, Aberdeen in c. 1750. |
Description | Photographs (framed) and correspondence relating to Bishop John Skinner, 1911 - 1944. Including:
Correspondence concerning the portraits, gown and prayer book of the Reverend John Skinner, 1911 - 1944;
Letter from Alice L. Paterson concerning the chest of drawers at Linshart [which belonged to Skinner], 1 June 1949;
Extract from the official historical catalogue of the Scottish Exhibition in Glasgow, 1911, appendix, item no. 221 - "a priest's gown, gather at the back, plain in front, and made to fasten at the neck with sleeves tight at the wrists, used by John Skinner, episcopal clergyman at Longside, Aberdeen, c. 1750, the poet and historian who wrote 'Tullochgorum', which Burns characterised as the best Scottish song ever written;
Photograph of Linshart, formerly the residence of the Reverend John Skinner;
Photograph taken at the Bishop John Skinner bi-centenary celebrations at Longside, 17 May 1944. |